Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Good Place

Man, do I love my cohort-all 115ish of us.  I even love the ones I have yet to meet.  I finally feel like I'm in a place where I'm surrounded by kindred spirits, all aspiring social workers, all believing there remains some goodness in this world that can be harnessed to bring about change.  Their genuineness is striking, their willingness to lend a hand is inspiring.  I've come to a good place and I'm happy I've found it.

Now if only I could make it through midterms...

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

So happy that you're happy! Loved seeing you at our totally awesome hotel party :) Good luck with finals!

Elysia Angel said...

I know the feeling. I like walking in class and realizing there are a bunch of people who feel similarly about practicing as you do...especially when it feels so far away in the professional world. My first midterm is on Monday, woopie!!!