Saturday, January 15, 2011

Musings of a sickie

I will shamefully admit that my sickness is not the body vs. virus sort; the kind that conjures up images of gallant white blood cells in the midst of a heated battle against a foreign invader. Rather, this sickness is sadly self-inflicted and the result of an adverse reaction to a medication. Never mind that I was a little too pill happy and believed myself to be the exception to any side effect warnings, this girl is still throwing herself a pity party.


I was really looking forward to the weekend and had plans to hit up the very much hyped Cosmopolitan. I planned to walk in looking extra swanky with my no gin, just tonic, acting very unimpressed by it all and even going so far as to rolling my eyes a few times. I guess the Cosmo will have to wait as I am currently bedridden, looking extra sallow with a Gatorade by my side.


This entry is getting classified as a 'to be continued', the nausea seems to be setting in again. Moral of story: don't undertake the task of a writing a blog entry when you're sick.

2 comments:

Steven said...

so...you swallowed a few too many pills? man.... is this what life is like after college?

dapainster said...

"images of gallant white blood cells in the midst of a heated battle against a foreign invader"

prose good enough to steal. :)