Thursday, August 23, 2012

Las Vegas Cheat Sheet: Things to Do Edition

I've got this blogging momentum going-aiming for three posts in a day!  I think this blogging craze stems from many days and nights of self reflection and analysis induced by moving to a new city alone.  I desire a medium to express my thoughts, many of which have surrounded leaving Las Vegas and longing for much of what it offered me.

I feel like my outside interests and pursuits are facing a definitive end date of August 27th, my first day of graduate school. I've started this frantic blogging frenzy before I run out of time to blog.  I am making a solemn promise to myself, and to this blog that I undertook three years ago, that I will seek out a healthy balance of mental, physical, and spirituality pursuits.  While I'm at it, I encourage everyone reading this to do the same!

Here's my promised list of favorite things to do/places to see in Las Vegas:

Shopping
Town Square
Premium Outlets

Perusing
Tivoli Village
The Districts
Lake Las Vegas

Museums
Springs Preserve
Lied Children's Museum

Performances
The Smith Center
Onyx Theater

Arcades
Pinball Hall of Fame
Gemini Arcade Palace

Shooting
Clark County Shooting Range

Parks
Sunset Park (for the pond)
Desert Breeze (for the dog area)
Mesa Park (for the well maintained tennis courts)

Dive Bar
Dino's (for karoke and pool)

Karoke
X.O. Karaoke Room

Hiking
Red Rock

Drug Dealing
Haha, can't help you here

This list seems rather incomplete but the brain is not recalling things as rapidly at this hour.  I will continue to update this list when the neurons start firing again.  Here's to sweet dreams and fruitful waking hours!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Good luck on your first day of classes!!