Monday, October 29, 2012

Personal Values Card Sort

I completed a personal values card sort and I highly recommend the activity as a means of increasing self awareness. The activity is simple: you're given a large stack of cards with various values printed on them and asked to select the 10 that are most important to you. The final step is arranging the 10 cards by importance level. I used the personal values card sort by W.R. Miller, J.C'de Baca, D.B. Matthews, and P.L. Wilbourne.

Here's what I selected:
  1. Purpose-to have meaning and direction in my life
  2. Passion-to have deep feelings about ideas, activities, or people
  3. Openness-to be open to new experiences, ideas, and options
  4. Compassion-to feel and act on concern for others
  5. Service-to be of service to others
  6. Knowledge-to learn and contribute valuable knowledge
  7. Self-Knowledge-to have a deep and honest understanding of myself
  8. Self-Acceptance-to accept myself as I am
  9. Inner Peace-to experience personal peace
  10. Humor-to see the humorous side of myself and the world

No comments: