Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tamarin Visits!

I love playing tourist with friends and family who come visit San Diego.  Tam was my first guest in the new pad.  Tamarin and I have been good friends ever since we were co-research assistants at BYU.  Here are some highlights from this weekend:

good eats at Taco Surf

Pacific Beach pier

it was freezing on the beach so we "laid out" in sweatshirts 

CarlsBAD is so GOOD...teehee

the majestic San Diego LDS temple

DaoFu goodness, Tam loved this place

Some other non-pictured highlights (many unintentionally involve food): devouring ice cream sandwiches at The Baked Bear, touring the SD Mormon Battalion, pizzaing it up at my fav Pizza Port, boutiquing in Carlsbad, guzzling down celery/cucumber/carrot juice, nibbling on Carlsbad Chocolate Bar confections, late night chats about bowel movements, and taking food (discovered my love of Jewish knishes) without leaving donations at Balboa Park's International Houses (in our defense, we ran out of cash!).  Tamarin has this uncanny ability to make me forget all of my troubles and just be in the present.  She truly is a forever friend, someone you never want to drift too far apart from.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Cute girls! I need to come on one of your San Diego tours to see what's off the beaten path!